Orlando seems to be a fairly consistent entry into various Top 10 lists…from positive ones like “best place for a staycation” or “top summer vacation destinations” to negative lists like the “most stressful American cities.” But this one can definitely be looked at as a positive. WalletHub has named Orlando as #9 in their list of the best (and worst) American cities for pet lovers.
So what factors go into determining ranking? Quite a few factors actually including budget (veterinary care costs, minimum pet care provider costs, and dog insurance premium), health care and wellness (a category containing a wide range of factors from number of veterinarians per capita to the average square footage in a home), and outdoor (weather conditions, dog parks, etc.).
A couple of areas where Orlando excelled were in most veterinarians per capita and most pet businesses per capita. A field which found Orlando falling to the bottom was in the number of dog parks per capita.
Here are the rankings for the top 10 best. Note that Tampa beat us out, coming in at #7 on the list.
1. Cincinnati, OH
2. Las Vegas, NV
3. Scottsdale, AZ
4. Irvine, CA
5. Sacramento, CA
6. Atlanta, GA
7. Tampa, FL
8. St. Louis, MO
9. Orlando, FL
10. Glendale, AZ
You can then see them all in the interactive map below.
The Latest From SUNNY
- The Doors Detail ‘Strange Days’ 50th Anniversary Edition
- Gene Simmons Calls Out $50K Box Set Price Tag as ‘Fake News’
- 2017 Walk To End Alzheimer’s
- Today In Music History: 09/25/17
- You May Be Disprespecting The Flag (And Don’t Even Know It)
- Former Serviceman’s Email On NFL Protests Generates Calls
- Rick Stacy On Demand 9.25.17
- Ted Nugent Slams NFL Protestors, Applauds ‘Real Americans’
- Jackson Browne Announces 2018 Acoustic Tour
- Pharrell, Eddie Vedder, Stevie Wonder & More Take a Knee to Support NFL Protests