By Paco Lopez
Last year I did a Paco Poll and asked moms, “what do you want for mother’s day?”
You may be surprised to learn that the “typical” answer of flowers, chocolates, and a card aren’t what they’d really like.
Just like us guys don’t want coffee mugs, ties, and socks for Christmas, moms don’t want mugs,
The top answers that day were…
- A spa day – (massage)
- A nice dinner
- Having the house cleaned for her
Jewelry is a winner, but, in order to get something really nice…you’ve got to dig deep into your pockets. And though the flowers and chocolates are everywhere, it’s not something that they’re really looking for. Perfume is always nice, but, again, it’s GOT to be one you see on her makeup counter.
One thing that will definitely get you brownie points is if you have a kid or grandchild…have them hand make her a card. That’s always a nice warm and fuzzy.
According to FamilyShare.com, the 9 things moms want are the following.
- Sleeping in (for a change)
- Do her chores (maid for a day)
- Treat her to a spa day
- Make her a survival kit (things every mom needs in a pinch: hand sanitizer, face wipes, lotion or lip balm, or maybe it’s her favorite candy bar or soda)
- Frame her favorite pictures
- Make her a handmade card
- Leave her “I Love You” notes (all around the house)
- Get her tickets for two, and take her to see her favorite movie, play, or band
Also, DO NOT get her clothes, purses or shoes…fashion is NOT our forte, and with changing styles, tastes, and trends…we’ll probably miss the mark.
By the way…don’t ask her what she wants…if you do that at this point…it’s too late…and you’re more than a dollar short.