By Brad Haynes
A new study by U.S. News and World Report finds that the majority of Americans are content with just staying home and unplugging during vacation time this summer.
Almost 3/4 of Americans claim that simply resting and relaxing is the most important thing for them to do while on vacation.
And if you’re looking at enjoying a staycation, you’ve picked the right place to do it. A recent WalletHub study ranked Orlando as the top place in the country to enjoy a staycation.
Some vacation facts from the study:
- Relaxing is the desired vacation effect for 75% of those surveyed
- 22% are looking to do some shopping during vacation, and surprisingly, 9% of men agreed on that
- If traveling, 84% want to do it with a companion, while 14% prefer to go it alone
- 42% plan on using social media less during vacation, while 22% plan to completely disconnect
- 43% say they are NOT going on vacation this year because of work and 3% said they really just hate taking time off work
And remember, we have a SUNNY Staycation just for you to win all this week!