By Brad Haynes
Hard to believe, but it was 32 years ago today that Pee-wee Herman leapt from small to big screen with the release of Pee-wee Herman’s Big Adventure.
Mixing the weird world of director Tim Burton in his feature film debut, and that of Paul Reubens’ Pee-wee Herman character, it was an outlandish road trip that quickly became a smash hit.
It also created some amazingly memorable characters (who could ever forget Large Marge???) and some classic lines.
Here are some of the best!
1) I know I am, but what are you???
2) Be sure and tell e’m Large Marge sent ya!
3) I’m a loner Dottie. A rebel.
4) Can you remember anything??? I remember…the Alamo.
5) The worst accident I ever seen.
6) But what? Everyone I know has a big but!
7) The stars at night…are big and bright. Deep in the heart of Texas!
8) Nobody hipped me to that dude!
9) I pity the poor fool who don’t eat my cereal!
10) There’s no basement at the Alamo!