By Grace Vasquez

Those of us in hurricane areas know owning a generator is important because at one time or another your home will be without power sadly, many newcomers to the area are not familiar with the dangers that come with operating a generator.

A woman was killed and three others were hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning in Daytona Beach after a generator was used inside their house. In Orlando,  two adults and a child died in Orange County when a generator was being used inside their home.  Keep in mind, you can suffer from carbon monoxide poisoning too from running a generator too close to your home.

If you are not sure how to use a generator here some great safety tips:

While keeping your fridge going or running a fan are all great; keeping your family safe is most important. Please follow instructions. Be safe. ~grace

Twitter @ItsYourGrace
Instagram @sunnygracev
Facebook Grace Vasquez (Grace V)


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From 1059 SUNNY FM

Get The App
Kennedy Space Center TicketsListen this week for your chance to win!

Listen Live